As our Chiefs, health leaders, and community members work diligently to protect our communities, we ask everyone to take precautions whenever possible to help reduce the spread of this coronavirus.
Effective Thursday, Nov. 12, the entire province of Manitoba moved to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
This includes the following changes:
- Social contacts must be reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted, and gatherings of more than 5 people from outside a single household will be subject to fines.
- Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
- Retail businesses listed as critical services, such as grocery stores and pharmacies, can remain open at 25 per cent capacity.
- Retail businesses not on the list are able to provide e-service, curbside pickup or delivery services.
- Other critical services can operate as set out under the public health orders.
- All personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers and sites offering manicures, pedicures and other esthetic services, must close.
- Gyms and fitness centres must close.
- Religious and cultural gatherings must close or be provided virtually only.
- Restaurants must close to the public and may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
- All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
For more information visit the Pandemic Response System website.
Did you know you can access financial benefits and support during the COVID-19 outbreak? All First Nations people have access to these financial benefits, regardless of where you live.
If you are experiencing emotional distress and want to talk, contact the toll-free Hope for Wellness Help Line at 1-855-242-3310 or the online chat at hopeforwellness.ca open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Telephone and online counselling are available in English and in Anishinaabe on request.
COVID-19 Fact Sheets
COVID-19 Coronavirus Online Resources
Manitoba Shared Health COVID-19 Screening Tool
Manitoba Government Official Updates
Manitoba Government Isolation for Symptomatic Individuals recovering at Home Fact sheet
Government of Canada COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
Government of Canada Covid-19 and Indigenous Communities
Government of Canada Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak updates
World Health Organization Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
Southern Chiefs' Organization COVID-19 Coronavirus Notices
SCO COVID-19 NOTICE #3: Measures for Community Preparedness (March 19, 2020)
SCO COVID-19 NOTICE #2: SCO Declares State of Emergency (March 17, 2020)
SCO COVID-19 NOTICE #1: SCO Responds to COVID-19 (March 13, 2020)
Going Back to School During Covid-19
Province of Manitoba Restoring Safe Schools
World Health Organization Covid-19 Parenting - Talking about Covid-19
Southern Chiefs' Organization Tips for Homeschooling your Child
Southern Chiefs' Organization Tips for Getting Your Family Ready to go Back to School