As our Chiefs, health leaders, and community members work diligently to protect our communities, we ask everyone to take precautions whenever possible to help reduce the spread of this coronavirus.
The entire province of Manitoba is at Critical level (red) on the Pandemic Response System.
- no visitors will be allowed to private households either indoors or outdoors with certain exceptions including allowed one visitor for people who live alone
- no indoor gatherings will be permitted, and outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people will be allowed in public outdoor spaces only
- patio dining will be restricted to groups of four people only with no household restrictions
- food courts in malls and shopping centres will be required to close
- personal service business will be able to continue to operate at 50% capacity, but appointments will be required
For further details on the most recent changes, read the Changes to Public Health Orders Backgrounder.
Did you know you can access financial benefits and support during the COVID-19 outbreak? All First Nations people have access to these financial benefits, regardless of where you live.
If you are experiencing emotional distress and want to talk, contact the toll-free Hope for Wellness Help Line at 1-855-242-3310 or the online chat at hopeforwellness.ca open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Telephone and online counselling are available in English and in Anishinaabe on request.
COVID-19 Fact Sheets
COVID-19 Coronavirus Online Resources
Manitoba Shared Health COVID-19 Screening Tool
Manitoba Government Official Updates
Manitoba Government Isolation for Symptomatic Individuals recovering at Home Fact sheet
Government of Canada COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
Government of Canada Covid-19 and Indigenous Communities
Government of Canada Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak updates
World Health Organization Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
Southern Chiefs' Organization COVID-19 Coronavirus Notices
SCO COVID-19 NOTICE #3: Measures for Community Preparedness (March 19, 2020)
SCO COVID-19 NOTICE #2: SCO Declares State of Emergency (March 17, 2020)
SCO COVID-19 NOTICE #1: SCO Responds to COVID-19 (March 13, 2020)
Going Back to School During Covid-19
Province of Manitoba Restoring Safe Schools
World Health Organization Covid-19 Parenting - Talking about Covid-19
Southern Chiefs' Organization Tips for Homeschooling your Child
Southern Chiefs' Organization Tips for Getting Your Family Ready to go Back to School