Southern Chiefs' Organization Inc. has secured a Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Navigator for community members who are having difficulty accessing non-insured health benefits. The objective of the NIHB Navigator is to provide advocacy and support for SCO First Nation members, and make the NIHB program more user-friendly.
The NIHB Navigator is here to help:
- Provide support and advocacy for community workers in assisting their clients accessing NIHB
- Advocate with the federal government & health professionals on behalf of First Nations to resolve NIHB issues
- Support leadership in the work of advocating for policy change within NIHB
- Work to strengthen relationships with health providers, provincial & federal partners
- Improve awareness of the NIHB program & provide information to clients and service providers on the eligible benefit areas and how to address denials and appeals
For further information, please contact Ashley Cochrane by email at Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204-946-1869 extension 120.