- This event has passed.
National First Nations Webinar: Series on Substance Misuse
March 1, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - March 4, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
A 4 day webinar to raise the profile of the crises that are effecting First Nations as a result of opioids and methamphetamines.
The 4-day webinar will serve as a forum for all participants to discuss the findings and develop recommendations for policies and programs. It is the hope that bringing together First Nations leaders, academics, and government officials will contribute to the re-envisioning of the research partnership between First Nation communities and academia, working together towards meaningful changes in health and wellbeing policy.
Do not miss out on this opportunity to hear from leading experts on substance use, harm reduction and overcoming barriers. This will be a great professional development opportunity for all which is free of charge and also includes evening entertainment, daily draws for iPads and registration swag for those registered!
FNHSSM is please to have some great presenters and guests, some of which include:
- Theo Fleury – Keynote address
- Dr. Carol Hopkins – Executive Director, Thunderbird Partnership Foundation
- Councillor Tim Ominika – Wiikwemkoong First Nation
- Dr. Ginette Poulin – Medical Director, Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
- Dr. Shelley Turner – Ekosi Health Services
- Dr. James Makokis & Anthony Johnson – Amazing race champions
- Experiential panel
- Brielle Beardy-Linklater, Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
- Jonathan Meikle, Norway House Cree Nation
- Kate-Lynn Paypompee, Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation
For more information and to register, visit the Healing Hope Harm Reduction website.
Want us to share your event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org