Keeping the Fires Burning
June 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
20th Annual Keeping the Fires Burning
Date: Monday June 21, 2021
Location: Virtual Event
Time: 6:30PM Dinner 7:00PM – Program
Indigenous Peoples Day – Monday June 21, 2021
Renewing Relationships and Celebrating Resilience – 20th Anniversary of Keeping the Fires Burning
Indinawe maaganidoog, Relatives.
It will take time to heal from the challenge and hardship that the last year has brought to our families and communities. But like our ancestors before us, when the sun rises on June 21, 2021, we will greet the new day, new life and new beginnings in ceremony. It is a time for celebration!
Ka Ni Kanichihk is excited to invite you to join them in marking 20 years of celebrating Indigenous resilience, relationship and reconciliation by honouring First Nations, Metis and Inuit Elders and Knowledge Keepers who have contributed to cultural revitalization and renewal. Your ticket purchase will include access to attend the “rising up” ceremony live streamed starting at 7:00 pm on Monday June 21, 2021.
Hosted by Indigenous youth, the 2 – hour event will also feature:
- Greetings from Indigenous leaders
- Living Mino Pimatisiwin – teachings of health and wellness
- World class traditional and contemporary music and dance
- Option to have a 4 course dinner provided by WOW catering delivered to your door.
- Epic silent auction featuring traditional Indigenous art and craft and health and wellness products.
For more information, visit Keeping the Fires Burning.
Want us to share your event? Email us at email@example.com