Vaccination Clinic Indigenous Liaison
Term position to September 30, 2021
*shorter terms available for post-secondary students
Locations: Covid-19 Vaccine Supersites and pop-ups across Manitoba including Brandon (2 positions), Selkirk (1-2 positions), Morden (1 position), Gimli (TBD), Steinbach (TBD) and Dauphin (TBD).
A great summer employment opportunity to assist in the vaccination effort.
Anticipated Shifts: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Full time and part time employment available
- Welcomes First Nation, Metis and Inuit individuals to vaccination centre
- Supports the completion of consent forms as required
- Provides support as needed
- Provides translation where possible
Other duties could include:
- Performs initial screening for COVID-19 symptoms or risks related to travel (per provincial protocols for screening prior to entry of clinical sites)
- Confirms the client has an appointment and updates appointment list to indicate client’s attendance
- Encourages anyone entering the clinic to clean their hand with alcohol-based hand sanitizer; provides a mask to clients who do not have one
- Determines whether the client has any accessibility requirements (e.g., mobility issues, sight or hearing impaired) that require additional supports and refers to the appropriate staff member if appropriate (e.g. Clinical Manager)
- Assists with navigation through the site
- Refers clients who have questions to the appropriate staff member (e.g. Clinical Lead) if appropriate
- Facilitates clinic flow, ensuring physical distancing of at least two metres is maintained between clients while waiting in line to enter the clinic or in the pre-registration area with the aid of markings on the ground
- Ensures that signage is in place and visible, including COVID-19 screening protocols, eligibility criteria, clinic instructions and clinic flow, as appropriate
- Provides paper documents for completion as required
- Refers clients to appropriate Clinic Lead for discussion of any potential contraindications to immunization or questions
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to manage in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in an Indigenous language an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: Open until filled
*Please note applications will be reviewed daily, and hiring will be done on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three work related references to:
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
Fax: (204) 946-1869 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
*Please note that resumes without a cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate for the position will not be considered.