The Southern Chiefs’ Organization (SCO) is hiring three (3) First Nations youth (aged 18-30) for mentored work placement full-time positions.
Southern Chiefs’ Organization (SCO) serves the 34 Anishinaabe and Dakota Nations and more than 80,000 citizens in what is now southern Manitoba. SCO was established 22 years ago by the Chiefs as an independent political organization to protect, preserve, promote, and enhance First Nations peoples’ inherent rights, languages, customs, and traditions through the application and implementation of the spirit and intent of the Treaty-making process.
SCO is looking for three driven and dedicated youth for full-time month term positions (August – March 31, 2022). Successful candidates will learn employability and leadership skills such as communication skills, problem solving and planning/organizing that may help them find permanent positions. Training is provided.
Start Date: August 2021
End Date: March 31, 2022
- Assist SCO community members and businesses navigate and connect to Covid-19 supports including intake for ICSF Off-Reserve Covid 19 funding
- Intake for Status Registry
- Resource for First Nation citizens to connect to services and benefits including scholarships and bursaries
- Support for community events
- Report to project mentor and supervisor
- Between the ages of 18-30
- First Nation
- Recent college or university graduate
- Must have never participated in a FNIYES – Skills Link mentored work placement
- Cannot currently be attending college or university
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:30 PM CST July 28, 2021
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
Fax: (204) 946-1869 | email@example.com
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.
*Please note that resumes without a cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate for the position will not be considered.