Administrative Assistant – Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT)
SCO is a growing and dynamic organization led by Grand Chief Jerry Daniels that represents 34 Anishinaabe and Dakota First Nations and more than 80,000 citizens in southern Manitoba. SCO was established 21 years ago by the Chiefs as an independent organization to protect, preserve, promote, and enhance First Nation peoples’ inherent rights, languages, customs, and traditions through the application and implementation of the spirit and intent of the Treaty-making process.
The SCO MCRT is looking for an accomplished, results-oriented professional to be its Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker who thrives in a complex environment and can work collaboratively to move ideas into action. SCO is looking for an exceptional team builder and people person to join our growing team!
The MCRT Administrative Assistant is a key member of the SCO MCRT who works with purpose to support southern First Nation citizens and communities. The MCRT will be trauma-informed and benefit from southern Knowledge Keepers and Elders and culturally appropriate mental health and wellness service providers. The Mobile Crisis Response Team’s primary focus will be crisis intervention, and members will also act as mental health and addiction navigators. As qualified professionals, they will be trained for rapid response but also for case coordination services to ensure that clients have a care plan and can act as a vital link to an aftercare and future care plan.
SCO provides competitive compensation and an excellent pension and benefits, as well as a positive work environment.
Through the Mobile Crisis Response Team, the Southern Chiefs’ Organization Administrative Assistant shall provide support to the team with the goal of increasing access, coordination and communication of the Mobile Crisis Response Team for southern First Nations. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative support to all members of the SCO MCRT as required.
- Provides administrative and organizational management support to the Mobile Crisis Response Team.
- Maintains calendar of events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Sets up and coordinates all meetings in support of team efficiency.
- Assists in the administration preparation and distribution of reports, briefings, minutes and other types of correspondence.
- Prepares meeting agendas, packages and distributes.
- Takes minutes during meetings and transcribing minutes.
- Prepares drafts, reports, letters and other documents and notices for the MCRT.
- Provides program information of a general nature.
- Provides technical assistance for presentations, meetings and gatherings as required.
- Ensures all materials are prepared prior to event day; presentations, meetings and gatherings.
- Processes mail, emails and maintains filing system.
- Office reception duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to travel on occasion.
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED; Certificate or diploma in Office Administration an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in an administrative role.
- Self-starter with demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as multi-tasking abilities, and ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in coordination, communications and administration.
- The ability to apply discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive information.
- Able to handle pressure, works well in a fast-paced political organization, in time sensitive situations.
- Minute taking and proofreading skills.
- Advanced skills in coordination and operation of online videoconferencing platforms such as Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams is essential.
- Excellent computer knowledge and keyboard skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe is essential.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:30 pm CST Monday, October 11, 2021
Please submit cover letter, resume and two references to:
Manager of Human Resources
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
Fax: (204) 946-1869 | email@example.com
Applications without cover letters will not be considered complete
Preference will be given to qualified First Nation candidates, so candidates are encouraged to self identify.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration.