Did the report “Indigenous Contributions to the Manitoba Economy” impress you? Do you see the opportunity to assist in the economic growth and development of Manitoba’s Southern First Nations? If this sounds like you then keep reading this opportunity we have open with the Southern Chiefs’ Economic Development Corporation.
A little bit who we are and what we offer:
- The Southern Chiefs Economic Development Corporation (SCEDC) works in cooperation with the Southern Chiefs Organization on Economic Development Projects that benefit the 34 Southern Manitoba First Nations;
- We foster a work environment that supports talented staff to grow and develop. Innovative thinking is encouraged;
- Full and comprehensive benefits package including 5% matched pension contribution;
If this sounds great so far, then keep reading for further details about the position:
- The CEO will lead the Southern Chiefs Economic Development Corporation;
- The candidate should have prior management experience and will provide vision, leadership, direction and management for SCEDC;
- Development and presentation of the annual budget to the SCEDC Board of Directors. As well as monitoring of the budget and ensuring best financial practices are followed that align with the goals of the Corporation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to build and sustain relationships with targeted industry executives, site selectors, and industrial real estate professionals;
- MBA degree from an accredited college or university required; degree in marketing, business, administration or related discipline preferred; or extensive experience with proven results in Economic Development.
If you feel this position speaks to you then please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to the attention of:
Director of Operations
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
Deadline for applications is February 19, 2019, 4:30 p.m. We thank all those who apply, but only those considered for the position will be contacted. Late submissions will not be accepted.
As a First Nations employer we encourage individuals with First Nations ancestry to apply.