Southern Chiefs’ Organization
Southern Chiefs’ Organization (SCO) has an exciting opportunity for First Nations youth ages 15 – 30. SCO is looking to hire 10 highly motivated youth to work as interns in the SCO Winnipeg Sub-Office, full time, term ending March 31, 2019. The Interns will work in a variety of areas including administration, finance, health, CFS, Justice, communications, youth development and the Grand Chief’s Office. Youth may also be placed with one of our partner organizations.
- Under the direction of the Youth Coordinator, the interns will work in a variety of departments within the SCO.
- Assist in hosting SCO events
- Meeting with community youth members, posting on social media, distributing information, etc.
- Organize and host youth gatherings and meetings.
- Provide support to department managers.
- Duties could vary widely depending on department.
- Complete monthly progress reports and submit to Youth Coordinator.
- Must be between the ages of 15 – 30
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma
- Knowledge and awareness of Indigenous histories and cultural practices, customs and traditions.
- An organized approach and excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS August 24, 2018
Please submit cover letter, resume & references to:
Director of Operations
Southern Chiefs’ Organization – Winnipeg Sub-Office
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
Fax: (204) 946-1871
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration. Preference will be given to youth who are members of an SCO community.