WE ARE GROWING!!
- Title: Research Assistant
- Department: Environment
- Reports to: Environmental Projects Engineer
- Duration: July 15, 2019 – November 2019
- Type: Full Time during summer break; Part Time after school start.
- Indigenous Graduate Student affiliated to a Southern First Nation.
- Undergraduate degree in Natural Sciences, STEM, Indigenous Studies or relevant discipline;
- Related experience in conducting primary and secondary quantitative and qualitative research as part of developing research reports;
- OCAP Certification an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license and willing to travel to Southern First Nations in Manitoba.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of research methodologies, tools and technologies applied in research projects;
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative information from a variety of sources, including research and scientific data, literature reviews, trends analyses, program information, surveys, operational data;
- Computer skills in the various Microsoft Office programs;
- Networking skills;
- Analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct literature reviews and relevant research into SCO document holdings such as past resolutions, project reports and briefing notes;
- Devise appropriate and ethical methods for collection and analysis of data that follows OCAP research principles;
- Travel to First Nations to conduct on-going scientific research and preparing reports as assigned to provide updated intelligence on key areas for Senior Management and Leadership;
- Other duties as required and assigned.
If you feel this position speaks to you, please submit a resume and cover letter, including two (2) reference letters by mail, email or fax to: email@example.com
Deadline for applicants: Wednesday July 11, 4:30pm
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Late submissions will not be accepted.