Are you interested in making a positive difference in the lives of Southern Manitoba First Nations people? Do you have a proven track record of management experience and the ability to work collaboratively with Chiefs and/or Senior Political Leaders? If this sounds like you, then keep reading this opportunity we have open at SCO.
A little bit who we are and what we offer:
- The Southern Chiefs Organization (SCO) represents 34 southern First Nations in Manitoba;
- We foster a work environment that supports talented staff to grow and develop. Innovative thinking is encouraged;
- Full and comprehensive benefits package including 5% matched pension contribution.
If this sounds great so far, then keep reading for further details about the position:
- The Director of Operations is responsible for the overall administration of the Southern Chiefs Organization. The Director of Operations implements the organizational goals and objectives on behalf of the SCO leadership and the Office of the Grand Chief;
- The candidate should have prior management experience and will support both the SCO’s and the Grand Chief’s Office in dealing with First Nation legal, governmental, public and corporate matters;
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of reports, briefings, speeches, presentations, responses, communication, positions and special projects;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to build and sustain relationships with external organizations/partners to enhance SCO’s operational and networking capabilities;
- Degree from an accredited college or university required; or extensive experience with proven positive results with a similar First Nation/political organization.
If you feel this position speaks to you then please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to the attention of:
Director of Operations
Deadline for applications is February 15, 2019, 4:30 p.m. We thank all those who apply, but only those considered for the position will be contacted. Late submissions will not be accepted.
As a First Nations employer we encourage individuals with First Nations ancestry to apply.